It’s a good job I took the photo of that one before, because I broke it the next day, gah!! I was having one of those clumsy days where everything goes wrong, by the evening I hardly dared touch anything. It broke cleanly enough that it fits back together almost invisibly, but I have to figure out how I’m going to glue it without getting an oozy gluey ridge. I’m not sure it’s even possible. At least it wasn’t one of my favourites, like these two:
This is an older photo of when I’d just got the designs laid out on them:
Obviously the more complex ones are taking a while. I find it works best to give the eggs a few coats of acrylic paint before I start drawing on them (especially with the Best Before and everything printed on them these days, which I hate – yes, it’s handy if all you want to do is eat them, but for decorating it’s extremely annoying!) but the pencil marks show up very strongly on it, don’t like to be rubbed off, instead just smearing around, and it takes several layers of the coloured paints to obscure them. Once again, I’m sure there has to be any easier way, I just need to find it!